Having begun to reopen its doors in October 2021, following a major transformation, the popular Coventry venue starts the new year with a vast array of shows, events and activities for all ages and tastes.
For families, there is a delightful selection of things to see and do this spring, all of which are available to book now.
- FAMILY SUNDAYS Sun 16 Jan - Sun 13 Mar 1.30pm – 4pm Sun 8 May – Sun 19 Jun 1.30pm – 4pm Every Sunday families can drop-in to the Creative Learning Space to take part in free, creative and fun activities led by our Artists-in-Residence and inspired by our exhibitions and programme. Creative Learning Space FREE
- CLUB ORIGAMI Sun 30 Jan 11am & 2pm Rip, fold and scrumple! Shall we see what we can make with a single square of paper? As you scrunch the paper, see how your imagination begins to dance… Dive into the magical world of Club Origami, an immersive and interactive dance show inviting family audiences to create, imagine and explore whole new ways of thinking, playing and moving. Helen Martin Studio £14 (£12) 50mins / Ages 0-5 years
- PUSS IN BOOTS Sat 5 & Sun 6 Feb 11am & 2pm A show by Marcello Chiarenza. Adapted by Patrick Lynch Would you trust a talking cat? He might turn you from a pauper to a prince just like the hero of this story. Using smoke, mirrors and hidden trapdoors see how this sure-footed feline fools both the King and the Ogre to take his master all the way to the top. With a host of puppets, a working windmill and an avalanche of fruit and nuts, come and see this classic furry tail, it’s the cat’s whiskers! Studio £14 (£12) 1hr / Ages 4+
- ZOG AND THE FLYING DOCTORS Based on the book by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler Thu 24 Feb 4.30pm Fri 25 Feb 10.30am & 1.30pm Sat 26 Feb 10.30am, 1.30pm & 3.30pm Sun 27 Feb 10.30am & 1.30pm Zog, super keen student turned air-ambulance, lands with a crash-bang-thump. Together with his Flying Doctor crew, Princess Pearl and Sir Gadabout, they tend to a sunburnt mermaid, a unicorn with one too many horns and a lion with the flu. However, Pearl’s uncle, the King, has other ideas about whether princesses should be doctors, and she’s soon locked up in the castle, back in a crown and a silly, frilly dress! With a bit of help with some friends and a half pound of cheese, can Pearl prove princesses can be doctors too? Theatre Adults £16 Children £14 1hr / Ages 3+ / all ages welcome
- PYJAMA CONCERT: STORIES FOR BEDTIME Sun 6 Mar 4pm Children of all ages are invited to put on their pyjamas and join us in the Butterworth Hall for some magical musical bedtime stories. Sit back, lie down, dance round or get involved in the action; enjoy a variety of beautiful classical music and stories in whatever way you choose. A firm favourite in our concerts programme, this is guaranteed to inspire and delight. Hall £6 (£4)
- MMM AHH WHOOSH Sat 19 Mar 11am & 2pm Inspired by our first breaths, hums and gargles, combining music and animation to celebrate the wondrous world of the language of children. This is a brand-new jazz inspired show which will immerse you in a swirling world of colour and take you on a musical journey through Afro-centric soulful folk and scat. Helen Martin Studio £14 ticket - includes one child and one adult. Additional child/adult tickets £7 40mins / Ages 0-5 years
- OH NO, GEORGE! Sat 23 Apr 1.30pm & 3.30pm Sun 24 Apr 10.30am & 1.30pm George sees something in the kitchen. It’s cake! I said I’d be good, George thinks, but I LOVE cake. What will George do? Oh No, George! is the delightfully playful tale of a dog who wants to be good but just can’t resist temptation. Adapted from the award-winning picture book by Chris Haughton, this brand new show for children aged 3+ (and their grown ups) uses acrobatics, slapstick comedy, sign supported English and live music to bring George’s joyful escapades to life. Oh no, George! Copyright 2012 Chris Haughton. Licensed by Walker Books Ltd., London. Theatre Adults £14 Children £12 55 mins / All ages
- UNDERWATER By Xenia Aidonopoulou and Georgia Tegou Sat 23 Apr 11am, 12.30pm & 2pm Come with us into the deep blue sea in Underwater, a magical dance piece for babies. When a ballerina meets an octopus beneath the waves, the pair form a beautiful friendship. This gorgeous multi-sensory show is sure to engage your baby’s imagination. Helen Martin Studio £14 - Ticket includes one baby and one adult. Additional child/adult tickets £8 45mins / Babies
- ERROL’S GARDEN Sun 12 Jun 11am & 2pm “I wish I could have a garden of my own, but all I see out there is concrete and pavement and more concrete...” Errol lives in a block of flats, but is determined to make his own garden! Filled with catchy songs, big ideas and a passion for plants. Helen Martin Studio £14 (£12) 50mins / Ages 3-11 years